Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello

My wife and I are new owners of an allotment and we have joined this forum to get some good advise and share in are success ( fingers crossed ).

We have had so much conflicting advise that I hope we can find some straight answers here.

Look forward to joining in soon.

John & Angel

Welcome to the pair of you. Certainly you will get plenty of of advice on here. You will also sometimes be treated to a "Magical Mystery Tour" on some threads, quite fasinating how some of them develop from a serious topic and go rapidly to the insane. Wonderful place.
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Coming here won't stop yo getting conflicting advice! Actually, there are always several possible ways of doing any one thing, so it's hard to say "This is the right way". I usually say, "This works for me." A lot depends on the season, the weather, the type of soild and growing conditions and where you are in the country. You find out for yourself what suits you. Good luck with the growing.

We don't take ourselves too seriously here (it's rather oppressive when gardeners DO - even to an experienced grower) but there are some very wise folk out there and I've learnt a lot from them.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by thornton19uk View Post
        We have had so much conflicting advise that I hope we can find some straight answers here.
        Ask 10 different gardeners, and you'll get 10 different answers/opinions
        take on board what you like.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          but there are some very wise folk out there and I've learnt a lot from them.
          None of them reside here though!

*runs

I jest (mostly), but in all seriousness the folks on here are great, both for inspiration and knowledge. You'll get a load of support, encouragement and advice on these pages we like to call home.

Don't get too caught up in worrying if you're doing things "right" - there are certain ground rules (see what I did there?), but the rest seems to be a bit "open to interpretation" in my limited experience.

Getting stuck in is the best way to learn in my humble onion, but be sure to kick back every now and then, take it all in and enjoy yourself.

Welcome aboard, and good luck.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Don't forget - the seed/plant grows itself.

It's just our job to try and help it along and that's where the differences of opinion come.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Ask 10 different gardeners, and you'll get 10 different answers/opinions
                take on board what you like.
                Only 10????
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X