Greetings from Sunny South Wales

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Sunny South Wales

Hi guys just happened to find this website while trying to track down an odd looking plant that started to grow in the middle of our Lawn. (All grass no patch).

The story so far:

Been left a house with an empty Green/Glass House (what are they called), all the glass seemed intact and the door opened and close after a bit of oiling. Rather than letting it rot (if glass and aluminum can indeed rot) I decided to take over from were Dad left it and here I am. So far I am growing. (all plant give to me so far not ventured into the seeds yet)

Tomatoes x 8 plants, 2 are smaller than the rest possible cherry.

4x Chili Peppers - 2 have shot up and I have 7 Chili’s growing so far – long thin green ones but the other two plants are no more than a foot high have flowered and started to fruit/veg but very small

Chives, Thyme, Parsley planted among the rest of the plants.

So this year was a trial run and seems to be doing out (Photos to follow), but here’s the request for help.
    What can I grow in the winter?

Oh and that odd looking plant was a Courgette got loads of em but transplanted one in to the Green/Glass House and its doing ok.
    PS the glass has turned green on the house side of the Green/Glass house?
    Last edited by Rodney; 17-07-2008, 06:38 AM.

If the glass is going green on one side, check the guttering. However if the greenhouse has not been used or cleaned for a long time, you could clean everything down over winter. I would wash it all down with ***** Fluid, use an old scourer to clean the algea off the glass.

There are a whole load of things you can grow over winter, dependant on whether you have heat or not.

Sorry by the way Welcome
    I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Prynhawn da

Off to Porthcawl in September for a family hols :-)
      http://www.freewebs.com/notesfromtheplot/ **updated**

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild View Post
        Prynhawn da

Off to Porthcawl in September for a family hols :-)
        But Why oh Why Seriously used to go there when i was a child, my Auntie's sister used to run (wait for it) a Monkey Nut and Cherry Stall on the Sea Front as you walking into the fair. Thats all they ever sold was monkey nuts and Cherries.

Dont live far from there now only an hours drive away.

I've heard many people mentioning ***** Fluid even found a bottle of it in the shed, been told pour it over the earth after every thing has finished and water it well for next year. Photos to follow very proud of my efforts so far. And my little green house is safe haven, Mum now being on her own we have all moved in to her house, Mum, Wife, daughter and Finally ME. 3 against 1 just isnt good odds in anyone's book.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X