Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hello All,

Thought I would say hello Live in Ayrshire with (thankfully) a very large front and back garden. Won't reveal my age, ladies never do but have been gardening since I was a wee girl, so 30+ years. Just wish I had listened to all the advice given when I was small. Have got my Christmas tatties in. I'm trying to increase my soft fruit as I mainly grow veggies. Only got 4 blueberry, one rasp, blackcurrant, and redcurrant. So definately on the look out for freebies in the fruit dept. Getting into heritage seeds and hopefully (fingers crossed) will be growing Oca next year. Bye bye for now.

PS I seem to recognise a few of the usernames from MSE, are you the same people?
    Also sorry posted twice in my haste
    Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 31-08-2008, 01:46 PM.

Hi there and welcome! I think you'll be very happy here!
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hello FrostyFeckle and welcome I joined today so a newbie here to I am a few miles up North from you Angus.
      I love to grow my fuchsias and flowers and do container planting hanging baskets etc.

Did have strawberry hanging baskets this year ,and have 1 blueberry bush had 2 but only one grew its in its second year and have had tasty blueberrys .

Infact a lot tastier than supermarket .

Bush is quite big now as it was a young bush did not prune last year .

Also got a blackberry bush growing in greenhouse and it has berries on it now.

Nice to meet you.

Comment

Hi Rhona, yes I am very happy here, already swapped seeds and have enlisted in the pass-the-parcel.

Hi Scotkat, no strawberries this year, although interested in Alpine Strawberries for next year. Have to admit prefer rasps, looking to do a swap in Oct/Nov to get more fruit. Got a bit addicted with seed swapping forum - just got Salad Blue Potatoes - not tubers but seeds A wee experiment for next year. Just swapped seeds for Peppadew Peppers Another experiment. Got a few weeks back some heritage peas & beans - yum for next year. Scotkat, I see you are in Scotland, have you got a lottie, I would love a lottie!

Wish I had joined the forum a long time ago. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X