Yet another newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie

Hi, we have had a greenhouse and veggie plot for a few years (with a small herb garden)Last year we took over an allotment that was covered in brambles and hadn't been worked for years.Last week we collected four rescue chooks!!
    I've been reading the GYO magazine this year but decided I needed some extra advice as I am running out of time to do anything.
    Looking forward to picking your brains with (hopefully not to stupid questions)
    Bruce
    P.S. We live just over the 2nd Severn bridge in (sunny?) Wales

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I'm entirely jealous that you have chickens, that's something I really hope to do myself Did you get them from the BHWT?

Comment

Welcome NBM, what does "sunny" mean?
      I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Hi new people!
        Can you put your location into your profiles, so that we can see where you're coming from. Advice given for Wales will be totally different to advice for East Anglia, for instance.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi and welcome nuttybookman. Well done on rescuing your chooks, I've got ex-batts and am totally besotted with them All the lovely eggs and good stuff for the compost heap too in return for freedom
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Hello der!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Sure did! Four nice looking, slightly tatty girls tnat my kids have fallen in love with

Comment

I can't give you a definition my dictionary is soaked

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I still haven't tried a fresh egg as the wife and kids have been eating them all

Comment

Hi and welcome nuttybookman. Where did you get your rescue chooks from please? I haven't had any joy trying to source any over this side (might have better luck trying for Irish ones)
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Hi. We got our hens from near Bristol. We had to go over the bridge as we were told that the lady who organises things over here is on maternity leave and nobody else can cover.
                      We have friends who have gone straight to the farms and got them. This may be an option if you have any near you.
                      Good luck

Comment

Hi Nuttybookman, welcome to the vine
                        I live the other end of the second severn bridge! just outside even sunnier Bristol

Comment

So thats where that bridge goes! Walking the dog in the morning it just seems to vanish into the rain and clouds

Comment

Originally posted by nuttybookman View Post
                            Hi. We got our hens from near Bristol. We had to go over the bridge as we were told that the lady who organises things over here is on maternity leave and nobody else can cover.
                            We have friends who have gone straight to the farms and got them. This may be an option if you have any near you.
                            Good luck
                            Cheers for that, it would make for rather expensive chooks for us though!! I know of a free-range farm which will be selling off some hens next summer so might just have to wait till then - not as good as rescuing battery hens but there we are.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X