Whats gone wrong

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats gone wrong

Hi everyone I am still pretty new to chat rooms although I have tried before I haven't had much success maybe because I don't use it often enough Can anyone out there give me some idea of what has gone wrong with my spuds this year! I prepared the ground fed with blood fish and bone added garden compost because the soil is light and sandy and chitted my spuds. I planted one bag each of a Jersy type, kestrel, anya and lady christie - hardly any of them produced flowers and the resulting crops were awful very small and had marks on the skin which even when you peeled it off it came back during cooking Any ideas would be gratefully received. I have grown spuds before but have never had such a bad crop. As you know it takes an investment of time and money to grow your own and I would like next years to be a better crop. Please help if you can.

Hi Poshie, sorry to hear about your spuds, I get the impression that in general it's been a poor year for potatos. I wonder if blight was your problem? Was you foliage blotchy at all? I'm sure a more experienced grape will be along to give you a better answer soon.
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Hi Poshie! If I were you, I would put your problem into the "On the Plot" section of the website which comes up at the beginning in Grapevine. You are in the "Off Topic" section (eg introduce yourself) and less people will be having a look there in my opinion. Have a look at the various subjects like Vegging out and New Shoots (for novices) and see if you get more of a response from there. It is a little confusing to begin with but after you have posted a problem and got a reply you will be well away! Wecome -- Gela

Comment

I dont think it was blight - but thank you for replying - poshie

Comment

Hi Gela thank you for the info I will try again. poshie

Comment

Mine has been the worse year I follow the guides by the book and planted in pots.I think I had more seed potatoes than grown ones!

Comment

Welcome to the 'Vine Poshie
              If you look in the Vegging Out section, you'll see that a lot of people have had potato troubles this season, so it's not just you. Hope for a better season next year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X