Hello from otago new zealand

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from otago new zealand

Hello, its coming up to sumer here, we have had the last frost (I hope!) and I am so excited about my veggies, which I have in the back yard..with two pesky lambs....and ahem two ahem darling toddlers. Yet things grow there! Currently planted out I have,tomatoes- tigerella, subarctic plenty, brandywine pink, red pear and suncherry; pumpkins gold nugget, waltham, Georgia roaster and an Atlantic giant, cape gooseberries, sorry looking frost nipped green and yellow courgettes,two spag squash, lettuce, celery, potatoes, brassicas, pathetic looking beetroot and some rainbow chard, peas. PHEW. I need to plant out Aubergines and peppers.
    My nationality- British though I have spent much of my life in Australia, I have been in NZ 1 year next month, so this is my first full summer season, though we are likely moving in march so it ill be a shortish one.....Eventually (no more than a couple of years) I will return to the UK with my family and I can't wait.I thoroughly disliked Australia, I am enjoying NZ, hubby's homeland.

Gaw what an essay! Happy Halloween all (phoowey kiwi's don't celebrate it and Hubby thinks pumpkins are just my obsession....

Hello and welcome to the Vine. Happy Halloween to you too.

*note to self - take pics of the house later and post them in an appropriate thread!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Welcome to the vine porridgemaker, are you in North or South Island? My hubby went to emigrate there once and got homesick. Mind you in all the places of the world if we were free of friends and elderlies we'd love to move to NZ
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

South Island, Palmerston, 45mins drive north of Dunedin.

Comment

g'day and welcome from a Canterbury girl in London!.
          Finding Home

Comment

Welcome, porridgemaker. Do your tumbling toms tumble ?
            Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Welcome porridgemaker. It'll be great to hear of someone growing veg, while we're sitting in the dark and cold just waiting to grow some more, so keep us up to date with this season's progress.
              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X