Hi, from the fens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, from the fens

Have spent the last hour search the web to find a support board like this. This site looks great!!! Just what i was looking for.

This year i became a stay at home mum (feel i need to do more for my family). So am going take the plunge to try to help feed my family. (in the past all i have grown foodwise is lettace, tom's, and a couple of soft fruits!)

I am very lucky to have a large garden and for years have felt it was going to waist - but when i was working & looking after the kids i just didn't have the 'get up & go' to do anything about it.

For the last few mths i have been buying & planting fruit trees. So fingers-crossed thay will do well for us.
    So i'm hopeing to pick up tips as to what i do first to turn part of my garden into a veg patch.

Thanks for reading, take care Neat.

Hi neatgreens and welcome you have definitley come to the right place all the best Belle

Comment

Originally posted by neatgreens View Post
      So i'm hopeing to pick up tips as to what i do first to turn part of my garden into a veg patch.
      Welcome, you're just down the A11 from me?
      well done on your fruit trees.
      have you cleared your ground yet for planting veg? Started a compost bin or three? Got some manure rotting away? Leafmould?
      Water butts up and ready?

You can sow some Aquedulce broad beans right now, for a May crop.
      Get cracking, lots to do
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hiya, like Twosheds said, there's lots to be done! This will be the hardest bit if you're clearing a new plot so don't get disheartened, try to clear enough to plant up some things soonish or start them in pots (garlic and winter onions as well as the beans can go into pots now), it's a great boost to be able to plant straight away.
        If you get your soil dug over the frosts will also help to break it up and if you can get any compost/manure it all helps!
        Welcome!

Comment

Hi and welcome. A blank canvas - great! (But hard work). Your first harvest next year will make you feel SO smug!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi, welcome, i have just got here and i am already adicted.
            http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X