Hello from Wolverhampton

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Wolverhampton

For a few years now I've been contemplating growing my own fruit/veg, I'm too impatient to join a waiting list for an allotment and my Mrs does like her shrubs so the back garden was out. Until my youngest son started at infants school in September that is.

As part of the healthy eating campaign within the national curriculum, the school has a little veg plot in the grounds where throughout the year they grow small amounts which the kids then prepare and eat in the class. Number 2 son has since got this passion for growing veg which, both his mom and I wish to encourage. So now, me and the lad are busy prepping the soil for next seasons planting.

I've had a quick flick through the posts on here and can see this being a great source of information.

Camsdad

welcome to the site, Plenty of advice, and fun to be had.

good luck with your project, its great when the kids get involved isn't it?
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Welcome!
      If you're serious about growing veg, you'll soon outgrow the school plot. Get your name on an allotment waiting list in the meantime. You can always turn it down if you change your mind.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Veg growing is seriously addictive and can improve your health - win-win eh? Welcome to the vine.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the vine Camsdad - from someone just up (or down) the road from you
          I hope you've got a daft sense of humour, because although we do take our growing very seriously, there's some really mad people on here having a good giggle
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Welcome to the vine, Camsdad. I'd second the idea about joining an allotment waiting list, just in case. There's a strong tendency for new Grapes to progress from a window box to half an acre really, really quickly.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

welcome to the site, have fun xxxxx
              http://www.paintingsussex.co.uk

Comment

Welcome. Its great that you have the nipper involved, or even that the nipper has got you involved.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X