Hi from East Yorks!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from East Yorks!

I found my way here via the GYO mag. What a pleasure it is to have a wealth of expertise to draw on. I'm such a newbie with veg (only got my raised beds in July) and everyone is SO friendly! Not like other forums which seem to be so clicquey! (sure that's spelt wrong, but you get my drift) Judi
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Hi back at you and also from E Yorks, Judi. Nice to have another on board. It is a friendly place. So much so that you'll waste tooooo much time here.

(From one who knows!)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
      everyone is SO friendly! Not like other forums which seem to be so clicquey!
      I worry that we might seem a bit too cliquey, sometimes. It's just that we're quite a small community and all seem to know each other

It is a friendly site ... we are quite well-mannered, and have superb Mods who keep things in check
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Welcome Cup! Good to have you on board. What veg do you grow in your raised beds? Last year i only had 1 small bed, but still managed Broad Beans, Mange Tout, Onions, Spring Onions, Few carrots, Parsinps, Swedes, Leeks, Chard. Its suprising what you can achieve, especially with expert help from the peeps here. Before you know it you will be on an allotment waiting list.
        Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome CupCake,
          There are an exclusive few of us in the area! But we are the best.
          See my blog below for details!
          The law will hang the man or woman
          Who steals the goose from off the common
          But lets the greater thief go loose
          Who steals the common from the goose
          http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the vine, CupCake
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Hi There

New here also found my way here after getting a subscription for my birthday. My OH is a child minder and we (my wife and I and 6 kids around the table for tea) asked the kids where their veggies came from....the only coherant answer we got was Tesco's. I then started this year to prove to them where their veggies came from(could not accept that they thought that a supermarket was the answer). I grew up in africa where the weather was a lot kinder to growing(drought being the biggest problem). Just for Lynda my home town only dropped to 23 deg in winter! Summer never dropped below 38....
              Been here for 8 years now and been converting the back end of my garden this year for the veggies. Current Project is building my 6x12ft greenhouse my OH got off freecycle. Ordered the bricks yesterday to build a small wall as I'm 6ft and my OH is 5'11. not leaving us much head room so building a small wall to put the G/house on. That leaves the love of my life my 4 yr old daughter, 2 cats and a hamster(new today as big tears this morning the other hamster went and joined the angels in the sky)

And to quote "Life of Brian" .... What .... curtains?
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Welcome RedThorn

Sounds like a great set of reasons for growing and I like you ambition. Have fun.
                Last edited by johnty greentoes; 30-11-2008, 08:29 PM.
                The law will hang the man or woman
                Who steals the goose from off the common
                But lets the greater thief go loose
                Who steals the common from the goose
                http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Johnty I am.. .howver my wifes eyes just glaze over now when I talk veggies.... lol
                  EDIT: Spelling .... argh
                  Last edited by RedThorn; 30-11-2008, 08:23 PM.
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X