New to veg growing.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to veg growing.

Hi everyone. I just found this area so thought I'd introduce myself (after all by the quality of advice to a newbie at veg. I think I'll be staying around.

My old father was a pro gardener but that was a lot of years ago, so I picked a bit up off him but I have never bothered with veg, arguing that Messrs. Tesco or Sainsbury grows them better than me, so I stuck to weird and exotic plants (apart from tomatoes but even those I grow heritage varieties). Then a couple of months ago a neighbour gave us some of his home grown veggies. All right, I am converted, they actually had taste. Just like the ones I had as a child when I hated them. Don't hate them any more so, having a comfortably large garden, here I am for advice. But I bet I'll be trying some weird veg. Lol.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Hiya Sarraceniac, and welcome to the forum. ( Love the name by the way! ) I've only been here a couple of days so I'm a newbie too. I know what you mean about veggies tasting real, I've been growing bits and bobs for years and there is nothing like growing, picking and eating your own.
    Looking forward to seeing what you grow.
    Izi.

Comment

Welcome, Sarraceniac. You can't beat the taste of home-grown veg. My grandson tells everyone that Nanny's sweetcorn is the best - we pick it on the lottie, take it home and cook it and it's fandabadozy!!

Comment

Hello again, Sarra, I was getting a bit worried about you being gone so long. New forum, new avatar. I think you may find a few posters on here from the 'old place'
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Welcome Sarraceniac,
          Get that comfortably large garden to work.
          Enjoy
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hello and welcome. We have a large garden too. However, once you get the growing bug it won't be big enough! I now have half shares of an allotment as well.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Sarraceniac. You've come to the right place. Look forward to hearing what you're growing.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X