Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the soil

Hi there,
    I am new to this forum but not too new to gardening. My garden is mainly flowers etc., but now I want to get stuck into vegetables. I shall keep my eye in the forum for help and hints, but if I can't find what I want, maybe I'll pluck up courage and ask.
    Ann.
    There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

welcome to the site , don't be frightened to ask, everyone is nice and friendly here.

It helps if you put your location in you profile, then we can see where you are from, and hope you get better weather than the rest of us
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Welcome ann-the-nan. As BrideXIII says, don't be shy about asking for advice. The 'grapes' really are a friendly bunch. I only joined earlier this year and have been made very welcome by the regulars.
      It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine, echo what Snuffer said, nice bunch, bit strange at times, but nice
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi and welcome! Good to have you on board!
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi, hope you are a bit bonkers cos that will help loads! (with growing your own and with us lot too )

janeyo

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Nan. Ask away and maybe yo've got some tips too. Everybody knows something about something.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Welcome to the vine nan! Everyone should have a nan........... in my case I had two.........one was grandma and tuther was granny!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Back to the soil

Wow! I am overwhelmed by the number of replies already, and the kindness expressed in them. I certainly do have a couple of queries, so once I work out where I am supposed to put them, I shall ask away.
                    The only bit of advice I can offer is my all time favourite quote:-
                    "There's a pleasure sure in being mad that non but madmen know"
                    Thanks guys, no doubt I shall be talking to you again.

Ann
                    There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by ann-the-nan View Post
                      Wow! I am overwhelmed by the number of replies already, and the kindness expressed in them. I certainly do have a couple of queries, so once I work out where I am supposed to put them, I shall ask away.
                      The only bit of advice I can offer is my all time favourite quote:-
                      "There's a pleasure sure in being mad that non but madmen know"
                      Thanks guys, no doubt I shall be talking to you again.

Ann
                      Go into your user cp............edit signature and copy and paste "There's a pleasure sure in being mad that non but madmen know"

Your favourite quote will then always be at the bottom of your posts!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wellcome!

I joined the Vine about June this year I'd had an allotment about 15 months, my first serious attempt at gardening, apart from a few scruffy borders at home. I also had to beg time on my son's computer and enlist his help to get started

I quickly learned that there are all levels of ability and knowledge here, and everyone is very friendly and helpful so an old technophobe like me had no problems

You won't be able to do much work in the winter, so go to your library and read a few books to get some instant experience

You never realise how much you know till you meet someone who doesn't

Comment

Welcome to the vine Ann the nan. As has been said, ask away. Its never ever a stupid question if you dont know the answer.
                          Unless I ask it of course.
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X