Hi I’m Diane

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I’m Diane

I used to subscribe to the magazine but space at home has forced a cull! I’m pleased to have found this forum though a the moment my time is v limited. I raise too many tomato plants every year and give a lot away locally, mostly in second hand coffee cups etc.Hence the username!
    I do grow other things as well. I have an average-sized greenhouse and 4 small deep beds in the garden. We also have an allotment. My partner usually does most of the work but this year he can’t because he’s waiting for a hip operation and can’t walk. I’m going to need some short cuts!! Onwards and upwards as they say….

Hi Diane, and welcome to the vine
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Hello Diane and welcome to the Vine from me too!!
      sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome from me too.

Best wishes for a great growing year.

Comment

Welcome Diane! You're amongst fellow excessive seed sowers here I always end up sowing way too many tomatoes and other things and give them away to (really I force them upon) anyone who stands still for long enough
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Diane.

You’re amongst good company, we’re all guilty of growing to many tomatoes and it doesn’t seem right to compost them.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome Diane . Look forward to hearing which varieties you grow.
              Northern England.

Comment

Hi Diane welcome to the forum Hope all goes well for you both,having lists really helps when times limited outside,let us know what sort of short cuts you need

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                  Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Hi there, and Welcome to the Vine from me too!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Tomato Grower View Post
                        .... My partner usually does most of the work but this year he can’t because he’s waiting for a hip operation and can’t walk. I’m going to need some short cuts!! Onwards and upwards as they say….[/SIZE]
                        get him some tools he can use sitting down Welcome to the tomato vine just take your time is the best advice, Its a hobby not open heart surgery. just put a hour a day and takeon the jobs you can do in that. If its going to take more than an hour then do it over a couple of week ends. you end up knac... errr tireing yourself out and won't get it done. I know not everyone likes it but Weed membrane can be your friend and if you want colour, buy some tubs from your local £ store andgrow some flowers in them and use those to weigh the fabric down rather than bricks.

And don'tbeafraid to ask for help - if you explain that its till your partner is up and about again I'd be amazed ifyou don't get offers of help ... you can always host a BBQ on the plot with a few beers to you gang of helpers.

ntg
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X