Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdie girl says hi!

Hi All,

So, I've been meaning to start, meaning to start, meaning to start for a few years now, but everything else just seems to always get in the way of my horticultural exploits. Last year was a bit of a kick in the butt however. I live in South Africa, and the food riots affected us and our neighbouring states directly. Of course, then there's also Zimbabwe right next door, the economy tanking and yeah ... I just decided 2009 has to be it.

Only, I haven't a clue where to start, so I went to that big oracle in the sky (Mr. I. N. Ternet ) for answers, and he lead me here to your community.

So yeah, please pardon me in advance, but I'm about to talk all of your ears off.

Mina.
    "Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"

Mina...welcome to the Vine.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine. It will be interesting to see what things you grow compared to what we do as I guess your growing conditions differ a little
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Hi welcome to the Vine
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!

Go ahead- try and talk our ears off!!! ( there'll be a few on here who'll willingly try and talk yours off too!!!!)

So- have you decided what sort of fruit /veg you want to grow? Do you know what suits your soil type ( have a look at what other peps in your area are growing!). Have you tried a few things already? Are you intending growing in pots or directly into the ground?

( it's not me who's nosy..just the others!!!)

edit- I've just seen your other thread!
          Last edited by Nicos; 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello, bonjour, Ola, Welcome, Hey, Yo, Hi!

Take your pick

Welcome to the vine!
            Stacey x ♫

Comment

Hey all, and thanks so much for the warm welcome. With such nice brains to pick, I should be harvesting in no time.

Mina.
              "Don't waste your whole life trying to get back what was taken away" - The Offspring from "Kristy are you doing okay"

Comment

Hey there Mina and welcome - let's get the important stuff out of the way, are you SA born, if so please don't mention Rugby
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Lucky for you I'm not really interested in Rugby, Cricket or Football (Not that we have much to brag about in that department)

Now if we're talking Dance, Gymnastics or Wushu, then we might have an interesting conversation.

Mina.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X