Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hi all

I’ve been lurking round the forum for a while now but have finally taken the plunge and decided to register – mostly because you folks all seem so knowledgeable about the whole growing thing and I’m pretty much a newcomer to it all!

We spent ten years living in a flat before moving to a house with garden early last year, so everything I’ve done so far has been pretty much a first time for me. I tried growing a few veg over the spring/summer, with very mixed results, but have learnt a lot from looking at all your posts so thanks everyone! Luckily my 4-year old is keen on growing things to eat too, so I’m looking forwards to the coming year.

And finally, apologies in advance to all those I annoy with newbie problems from now on – although I know how to use the search function so hopefully won’t repeat too many of the already-answered questions!

Woof
    Having one child makes you a parent, having two makes you a referee...

Hello there- and welcome to the Vine!

I'm sure you know much more than you think! Most of us have learned through trial and error- it's good to pass on those mistakes too so someone else avoids them!

Where abouts are you?? If you can add your rough location to your profile it will help us answer your questions better- and ask you some too!
    We are a far flung community- Australia,USA, Africa,Falkland Isles,France/Europe as well as GB and Ireland!( and I bet I've missed someone out!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi and welcome Mendacious (great name - does your nose grow too?)
      We all started out as new-to-growing so no-one minds daft questions. You often ask the question a shy person was thinking but daren't ask.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to another lurker.
        Plenty of advice from clever types on here, I sometimes give some too.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by mendacious dog View Post
          We spent ten years living in a flat before moving to a house with garden early last year
          welcome.
          I've got a garden for the first time, after years of living in flats and bedsits ... it's a bit daunting to be honest. I can do a lotty, but gardens have to be a bit tidy don't they?
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            welcome.
            I've got a garden for the first time, after years of living in flats and bedsits ... it's a bit daunting to be honest. I can do a lotty, but gardens have to be a bit tidy don't they?
            Gosh, do they? THAT's what I'm doing wrong! (Mine always has rather a lottie look about it!)
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X