Hallo!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo!

Hallo, I'm not 100% new as I joined up a while ago, but it has been a long time since the last visit... I will try to keep up to date a little better this time, but have been busy travelling with work.
    Back now and full of enthusiasm!
    When I first joined, we were thinking of getting some bantams. We never did, but we do have 4 brown hens, a mental Scots Grey cockerel and 2 little ducks. Have been having quite a few distasters with the home made wine (most went mouldy and the dog became an alcoholic - he was licking up the froth that would ooze out of the airlocks) and the veggies all got eaten by the feathered friends. But it is all good fun and am loving the country life.
    Be nice to chat to some of you again and hopefully can share some of the successful recipes and learn more about brewing and hen-proofing!
    Hope you're all having a lovely weekend x

Hi Nessie, welcome back.
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hi Nessie, glad to hear you are well.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Hi Nessie

Look forward to your new posts and welcome back.
        http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Hi and welcome (back). Maybe you could pop your rough location into your user profile - it helps if you ask questions if we know how far north/south you are. There's a huge variation of last frost times for example.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hallo, thank you for the replies. Will update my user profile (thanks flummery!)
            Have been very busy outside today as I did lots of overtime yesterday. Been cleaning the front garden up and planning a large vegetable bed... the hens are restricted the back! Off out again soon after some coffee to do some weeding. Hope you are all good and looking forward to spring and the clocks going forward hurrahh!

Comment

Hi and welcome back!
              AKA Angie

Comment

hi nessie, hi from another NE Scotland peep...good to see you on the Vine! Is that Colliston sort of Arbroath way? If so, close to me...!
                "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

That is the colliston, yes we are very nearby! Nice to find a neighbour! Our house is easy to see if you're out on the Brechin Arbroath road - next to the farm with the big blue and white American truck (Darlene) in the drive. We also have a noisy dog!
                  Last edited by Nessie; 25-03-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X