Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Suffolk

Hello all

OH & I took on our new plot on 1 November and so not done much yet other than a bit of digging and construction of a couple of compost bins.

I have bags of enthusiasm and have done loads of planning and thinking and forum reading. OH is more of a doer (has done loads more digging than me) but is really looking forward to harvest time!

Love loads of the ideas on the site and hope you’ll all help me when I get stuck - soon I'm sure!

Lots of love from soggy Suffolk

x

Hello and welcome to the vine from parky Pembrokeshire (or Soaking Wet South West Wales if you rather)
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 20-01-2009, 09:00 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine! But for your sake, I'll leave the advice to those that actually know what they're doing
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

thank you both - looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Comment

Hi Welcome to the Vine
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Hello, I'm not far from you.
            (if you pop your location into your profile, we can all see where you are)

PS. pretty hard frost this morning, no?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

OK Two Sheds - I've done that! I even got myself a pic whilst I was there!

I'm from Woolpit and we have a brand spanking new plot which was a ploughed field last year. Easy digging (when not frozen solid) and few weeds to contend with .

I keep getting soooooo excited whenever I think about it and I’m thankful that I have sympathetic colleagues or they’d be bored stiff by now!

Yep - frost amazing this am. There were little ice crystals standing on end all over the roof of my car like a little forest. Though I think not as incredible as first two weeks of Jan – couldn’t get fork into the ground for ages!

Nice to meet you Two Sheds – no doubt I’ll speak to you again soon!

Comment

are you going to Potato Day at Stonham Barns? I think a few of us will be there, fighting over the purple spuds

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Rainbow from another Suffolk Lass!
                  We'll also be at The Potato Day,so maybe see you there?
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Welcome Rainbow1. If your OH does more of the digging, there needs to be someone who's done the research to be the brains of the outfit!
                    Last edited by Flummery; 22-01-2009, 09:06 AM.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

When's potato day? I'm intrigued!

And Flummery – I totally agree! I plan plan plan. He digs, I do the technical stuff & dig when I have to. I think that’s fair!

x

Comment

Hi rainbow1, welcome from another Suffolk lass. Potato day is at Stonham Barns on Feb 14th.
                        Do a forum search for East Anglian Potato Day, you'll find it.

Kirsty
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                          Do a forum search for East Anglian Potato Day, you'll find it.
                          It was called http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...9-a_21843.html

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too.

I'm just a little bit south of you, but may make it to the 'spud-bash' too, not sure yet.

Have fun!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hi Rainbow and welcome to the vine. I hope all your plans are sucessfull.and you have a good first year.
                              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X