Hi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

I've just joined after gaining an allotment last year.

Had a really bad year last year only achieved radishes and turnips. Hoping to be able to pick peoples brains a bit on here. All I have done so far is dug my beds and made a plan where I'm going to plant everything. Really hoping for a big crop just thought I'd say hi to everyone

HI Nikki.

Welcome to the Vine. At this time of year, planning is the best thing to be getting on with.

If you've not seen it yet, there's a 'what I did today' thread, which you can use to keep an eye on what others are doing.

I'd also ask you to pop your location into your profile, so that it shows on this page under your join date, so that we can give the best advice for your area.

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Hello
        That's funny, because I can't grow turnips or radish (or swedes)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Hello
          That's funny, because I can't grow turnips or radish (or swedes)
          Thats all I managed to grow I killed off my broad beans, onions, peas and carrots so did really well. Beginning to wonder if I have death fingers instead of green fingers. The upside was though that I had so many turnips and radishes that I felt proud enough of those not to be disheartened.

Comment

Hi Nikki

Hope you have a better year this year. I'm still waiting for a lottie going now or I will turn into the green eyed monster lol. Good luck with your planning.
            http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Hi and welcome.

If you've planned where everything is to go - you are way ahead of me!

Good luck with it all.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've been growing veg for nearly 40 years and I still can't grow a decent turnip! We all have our different skills it seems!
                Welcome to the vine.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madvine

I did ok with turnips and radishes as well but swedes - not gonna bother this year

I've planned but I still don't know how to fit everything in. I think I maybe turning one of the small paddocks into a manure strewn lottie
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if I did ok last year by growing turnips, I should do a swap service for other stuff, I had that many I got sick of looking at them lol.
                    I have started off my onion seeds, strawberries, cabbages, broad beans and chitting potatoes. So sort of off to a flting start. I was luck as my brother gave me a load of land for a lottie last year and asked for a cut of veg. So I gave him a few radish and he tried one turnip as he hates them lol. So trying to do better this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X