Hello from Cumbria

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Cumbria

Hello from Cumbria, sorry I haven't done this before, been naughty and have been posting a little but not done the proper introduction. No doubt Mrs Flummery will admonish me thoroughly next time we get together!

We're in windy, wet and wild West Cumbria with a fabulous situation on the side of a shallow valley looking across to the fells (most of the plot faces south-east). Our half-acre garden was immediately christened Fangorn Forest by Flum the first time she saw it - that is due to no gardening being done here for about 30 years except for "having a man in to mow the lawn".

we have to put in some decent hedges (having such a great view means an exposed location - and that means WIND - loads of it). I know where the veg garden will be - at the front, great sunny position, next to the pond, which isn't dug yet, but in truth it will be another year before I get to do any real gardening and proper planting.
    Last edited by BilboWaggins; 27-12-2012, 09:30 PM.

Welcome to the Vine Bilbo, look forward to hearing of your adventures
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by BilboWaggins View Post
      ... I know where the veg garden will be - at the front, great sunny position, next to the pond, which isn't dug yet, but in truth it will be another year before I get to do any real gardening and proper planting.
      C'mon, Bilbo, can we tempt you to grow just a few veggies in pots this year...? Good to see you here, anyways...

And take a look at the Bag End blog, peeps, then tell me you're not whistling The Lumberjack Song afterwards! Just goes to show what hard work and determination can do!
      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 27-01-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hello - and welcome to the Vine!
        Nice photos on your blog!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Welcome to the 'Vine Bilbo
            I've read your blog a few times (hopped over from Flum's ), and you do live in a very beautiful place. Your chooks should be helpful in clearing weeds for your veg patch, if you move the run around they could clear the whole plot in 12 months! Not sure they'll be much help with the tree felling though

Comment

Welcome officially Bilbo (Bilbo is one of my bestest friends and an AMAZING quliter!). I did get her going with the Lumberjack Song a few days back - hee-hee! And now Norty Hazel has rubbed it in!

Her garden is an amazing size. When I first saw it I was ages wiping the dribble off me chin. They certainly have their work cut out taming it but I'm sure we can get a few veg past her this year. Chooks too. Paradise!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome officially Bilbo! Confession time.............I've been here since pussy was a cat and still never formally introduced myself. Nothing new there I spose as I'm a typical Taurean and jump in feet first every time!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Who's this Snadger bloke? Why does he keep posting?

Comment

Hello from me what is nearly in Cumbria!

I'm so jealous of BagEnd! Won't show Mr OWG the blog or he will cry

Comment

Oh, any friend of Flum's is a friend of ours

I love your blog, and what photos! Stunning
                      So, when can we all come up and admire your log piles?
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Cor you do know how to turn a girl's head, you Two-Sheds!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          So, when can we all come up and admire your log piles?
                          Don't think that you'd get away with 'admiring log piles' - I think it would be more 'moving log piles'.

And don't blame me for the lumberjack song - I thought of that all on my own without collaberation (sp?) - which either shows that Flum & I both have great brains, or that we both show the same spark of unoriginality!

Cracking views, though - imagine waking up to that every morning?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X