Hello all !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all !

Thought I`d better introduce my self instead of just sitting on the fence reading wot the rest of you are saying, I`m sitting at home on the lovely Isle of Mull , I have quite a small garden ,well two really, one out the back door and another one over the path out side the back- were I grow assorted veg, at the moment I don`t have a greenhouse but hope to get one soon, my ambition in life at the moment is to grow leeks like my old man did, down in Newcastle- all those years ago, but I remember them well ,I have bought some "prize leek seeds ! " off e-bay mmmm we`ll see ! My dad used to put hair from the barbers in his trenches and feed them beer out of the drip trays at his local social club - it smelt awful - but seemed to work !!
    Well I`ve finally fell off the fence and hope to join in future forums if it`s something I know anything about !! mind you it does`nt stop some folk joining in (oooohh) Ha ha

cheerio the noo !

hello and welcome geordie mull

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Geordie. Where abouts are you on Mull. When my husband was a student - we're now retired - we spent a summer in Bunessan as he was digging ditches for the Forestry Comission Anything for money He even made that all elusive bonus.
      The weather was fabulous, never saw a rainy day. I know that's not typical as I'm from Oban myself.
      Anyway, welcome again and happy gardening.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Welcome geordie, you're in one of my favourite places on Earth (I'm lucky - I live in the other one!!). Far too long since we were on Mull, but I did see a HUGE basking shark from a boat on our last visit.

Comment

Welcome to the vine! Funnily enough I remember my auld dad using beer slops from the local workingmens clup to feed his leeks..............I also remember his language when it rotted all his leeks off though!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hello - and welcome to the Vine!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi geordie mull, from another Grape originating from Newcastle-way who found themselves living in out in the Scottish sticks! Wouldn't change it for the world though

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Hi geordie mull and welcome. Well, I prize ALL my leeks -even the titchy thin ones!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi Geordie! Nice to meet you welcome to the vine; have a good day!
                  Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

hello Bilbo, yeh, Mull is certainly a nice place, we had a basking shark in the bay her last year, the otter was not sure what to make of it and the sea eagle looked a bit shocked and wisely decided not to take it for lunch ! it took ages to off-load the ferry as everyone wanted to watch it, except Harry the Heron who totally ignored it . Aye life can be very stress full up here !!!
                    thanks for your reply,
                    Geordie

Comment

Hi Alice, your husband must be sum worker to get a forrestry bonus 5 of my pals are forresters and they don`t know what a bonus is !!!
                      I stay in Craignure, where the boat comes in, we do have a gardening club here but I`m not a member (yet) I`ll possibly join before the summer season, but then it will be our busy time at calmac (see Official Caledonian MacBrayne Hebridean & Clyde Ferries site) and I won`t have the time or energy to go to the meeting`s ha ha !
                      thanks for dropping me a line on the vine !
                      Geordie

Comment

mmm no, I did`nt type that site it`s calmac dot co dot uk !!
                        dont know why it changed our address
                        Geordie again

("-)

Comment

Hhmm, Newcastle-way now there`s a good way of describing that part of the world !
                          when I worked in Swan Hunters one of my best pals was from Hilton, tis quite a nice part of the world too ! but not quite as nice as the Scottish Isles
                          funnily enough I stayed on the isle of Tiree for a few years , it was often the sunniest place in Britain and the soil was just sand with sea weed in it but they used to grow the tastiest cleanest tatties I have ever had - and no, I dont know why that came to mind there ?

Cheers for now, Geordie " the incomer "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X