Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new member checking in

Hi
    Just found this site so though I'd join and pick up some tips.
    I've been back in the UK for just over a year, after living in Spain for 6.
    Decide to give growing veggies etc a try as a bit of a stress buster (I hope)
    I teach at a couple of colleges, Advanced Make up and Nail Technology, and paint pet portraits in my spare time...........so gardening will be something totally different.
    It'll only be in my garden, and I'm going to start off with pot grown.........don't think OH would be too impressed if I dug up the lawn, then progress into borders etc. (unless none of the seeds appear that I've sown! Then I'll stick to painting)
    Anyway, don't want to bore you too much, off to have a look round,
    Dawn

Hello and welcome to the vine. My money is on the lawn being attacked before the end of the growing year
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hi Dawn and welcome! Lots of good advice on this site. As Shirley said, bet your lawn goes soon, mine went this morning!! OH not interested in gardening so I figure I have the final say! Gardening will still allow you to be creative, but as to the nails, they may suffer unless you wear gloves, can't bear wearing them myself! I work in a school and there's nothing better after a stressful day at work than to go out in the garden and lose yourself!!
      AKA Angie

Comment

Welcome Dawn. I started with a couple of pots with tomatoes and carrots..... Now I have a plot on the local allotment site. I give your lawn 1 season.
        Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

1 season you say Sallym? Far too generous.
          Welcome Dawn, and enjoy the lawn for the rest of its short life.
          Last edited by bobleponge; 08-02-2009, 04:29 PM.
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

hello and a warm welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi Dawn and welcome to the vine! I was going to crack the one about it being a new dawn..........but thought better of it!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Welcome Dawn You could always start "accidentally" putting some veg in the flower borders, one even might be a squash that'll trail very nicely over the lawn
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
                  This is such a great site for advice................bit worried that all your enthusiasm is infectious and the lawn does dissapear, though we've got 2 dogs (hence the growing in pots! don't want any of thier additives on my veggies)...........but I've bought a popergator ...........and some seeds have come through............and a mini greenhouse..........and lots of pots......

Comment

hi ya dawn welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi and welcome...*looks around for Glutton, no glutton so steals her line * to the madhouse !
                      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

(... slaps RedThorn (in my side lol!) for his cheek!...)

Anyway, welcome to the Madhouse - it's addictive, and a sense of humour is almost a necessity.

My Sister (and other friends'n'rellies) live in Spain - what made you come back?
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Dawn, ........ & goodbye Lawn - sorry - couldnt resist it!!

Welcome to the Forum.

& i hope you have success with your pots this year too. - what will you be growing?

Tony.
                          Last edited by TonyO; 22-02-2009, 09:36 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X