Hellooooo!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellooooo!

Hi, everyone I'm new to this and, as a student, don't have much space to grow things but I'm having a go at cucumbers, 1 plant has died and the other is hanging on! Other than that I've only really grown potatoes and carrots (slightly wierd shapes but still edible).
    Any advice would be wonderful

Sam -xxx-

Hi Samwise
    Welcome to the grapevine. Lots of good advice here!!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Thanks Mum :P -xxx-

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

I think that your cucembers will be frozen to death if they are in now, Samwise! I'd try sowing again in March/April (indoors!).

There's lots that you can do in pots - check the search button above - as well as veg in hanging baskets and the like.

Welcome to the vine!

Comment

Welcome to the vine sam & mum!

Maybe a bit early for setting cukes yet unless you have a heated greenhouse of course!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My cucumber currently resides on my windowsill in the living room, i also have 3 strawberry plants at home which fruited well last year and seem to have survived the winter no runner yet though, not sure whether i should be worried about that lol
              Thanks for the welcome messages
              -xxx-

Comment

Hi and welcome samwise. Your strawbs will throw runners later in the season (unless they are a type that doesn't do runners of course)
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Hi and welcome!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Samwise View Post
                    i also have 3 strawberry plants at home which fruited well last year and seem to have survived the winter
                    Indoors?
                    They may not survive the central heating! Strawberries are perfectly tough enough to be outside all winter
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Try again with your cucumbers later in the year Samwise - if you're growing on windowsills, try some tomatoes - but again, I'd wait till March/April before getting them going. It's a question not so much of warmth but of light levels - expecially in a house.

Good luck with your growing.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i think my strawberry plants are in a greenhouse thing in the garden but i'm not sure lol, I'll have a go with the cucumber in a month or so and see if they fair better than the one i have left now! And i'll definitely have a go at tomatoes on my windowsill, thanks flummery, i love tomatoes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X