Yorkshire Lass

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire Lass

Hellooooo from the Costa del Yorkshire, where it is a balmy February evening at 3-4 degrees and more snow has started this afternoon. Just when I was planning on what I could do in the garden this week.

Lived in Yorkshire most of my life, with 10 years in my yoof in London and Jersey. Started out as a Baker and Pastry Chef, then computers, own business, banking and finance, car leasing, property and land....now working as a mentor.

Live in village just outside Bingley, with my mother and 3 cats (no violins please) they all like having a personal chef....right!

Tried to grow some veggies last year for the first time, not too successful but didn't put me off. Cleared out another border to grow brassicas and soft fruits this year and just got a couple of fruit trees for my birthday to grow in pots.

On a waiting list for an allotment, just outside village. Someone may like to share so will know in March - here's hoping.

Great forum and lovely, helpful people.

Hello Rossa

Welcome to the vine - not been here that long myself! See you spent some of your yoof in Jersey - wet and cold here too, today, but no snow 'spose I should be grateful for that really, but it looks so pretty!

best wishes

Oleander
    Never say never!

Comment

Hi Rossa
      Welcome. Just posted a reply to you about aspects in garden. Would love an allotment but all the ones in this area are just to far for me to get to and I don't drive. Perhaps I'll hijack a piece of wasteland!
      AKA Angie

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Rossa! We've got more snow here tonight too, quite pretty though!
          http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi and welcome to this crazily addictive place!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hi and welcome from another (snowy) bit of Yorkshire.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine from wet, soggy, miserable Pembrokeshire
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

hello and a warm welcome from lancashire....

Comment

Hello and welcome from another Yorkshire lass living in Staffordshire
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Thanx y'all. Selfraising, I'll check out your message.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X