Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from North Essex

Hello All.
    Thought it about time to join this forum, been allotmenting for lots of years now, might be able to answer a few questions..... also looking to keep chickens soon, been studying that and will have a few questions for the experts here.
    Cheers
    Glyn

Good afternoon, Shaymen, and welcome to the vine.

Comment

Hello there - and welcome to the Vine!

Getting chooks eh????...good on ya!!

What fruit/veg do you have a special interest in???
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ta for the welcome, over the years I have sort of learnt which veg are the easiest to maintain and also what all the family will eat.
        Always love the parsnips, leeks, early pots. Loads of different lettuce, have tried just about every veg at one time or another, just getting a new asparagus bed underway. Got loads of Strawbs, Rasps and a couple of new blackcurrant bushes. Butternut squash was very successful last year as were the parsnips...still digging them up. Tend to stear clear of Cauliflower - never been too lucky with them. Last years carrotts were the best ever, hardly a mark from the dreaded fly at all.

Comment

Plenty of parsnips eh??
          Perhaps you can start a thread with your tips for germinating them...many of us have problems with them!?

I've also given up with caulies- mine just blew even when they were tiny
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi and welcome from one North Essex Bod to another. Looks like I'll be after you for advice, as I'm a novice.

Got Chooks though, and lovin' them!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you will be more likely to be answering than asking questions. I like self-sustaining crops too. Really into Chard at the moment.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi Glyn, and welcome!

I'm in Cambridge and work in the very south of the county, near the border with Essex - a very pretty part of the country, not at all what the name "Essex" conjures to mind

Do join us on the parsnip threads - I've been trying to persuade the pessimists that I will get parsnips this year, because root veg thrive in this part of the world! *lol*

Comment

Hi Glyn! Welcome to the vine nice to have another grape around! Us Essex peeps are growing in no's
                  Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Glyn!

I'm an exile from N. Essex and fed up of saying "I grew up 20 mile from Cambridge" to avoid the stereotype! Anyhow - welcome to the Vine - Enjoy!

Comment

Hi there, you may be fairly near me too, Haverhill on Suffolk/Cambs/Essex border.
                      I tend to ask more questions than answer, but do keep chooks like so many others on here do, but welcome!!
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Hello Glyn, & welcome to the vine, You are going to be a welcome & usefull addition the the happy family.

Comment

Welcome from yet another Essex peep!

Comment

Welcome to the madvine.

I'm giving up on cauli's managed to eat one baby New year's eve and have only one left that may grow up to be human rather than chook food.
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X