Hi all!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!

Signed up the other day so thought i would say hello! Im in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire (Yep the place with all the water ) and decided quite late on in July last year to try growing some veg. Had good success even with the late start and managed to produce a good crop if beans, carrots, spuds and tomatoes.

This year im getting more organised! I dont have much space and its all paved so ive built 2 3x3x1 foot raised on part of the patio and there is a nice spot that 4 growbags fit in perfectly against the fence. Also invested in some large pots and some potato planters, so i hope to be able to produce a nice selection through the year.

Also just acquired 3 year old rhubarb plants which im very excited about and hope to enjoy for years to come. Im thinking about getting a dwarf fruit tree of some kind too.

Now all i need is some better weather!

Hello and welcome to the vine. I don't think you are alone in wishing for better weather. good luck with your growing this year.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hi and welcome - hope everything dries out for you - it's not much better here!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

hello and a warm welcome on this cold day

Comment

Hello and welcome. We stayed in Tewskesbury a couple of years ago - at the Hop Pole? Love the Abbey.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

hello and welcome neighbour................... well near enough

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Heh well not far away Coomber, i worked in Bristol for awhile, right on bristol bridge in the ICL building.

Its a nice spot Flummery, hope you enjoyed your stay! The Hop Pole is a Witherspoons now, was refurbished last year and its nice. They still do accommodation if you are planning to come back at all. I Live just up the other end of town.

Comment

We stayed a couple of nights when we were in the area for a wedding. I expect it needed re-rurbishing after those floods!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi there! welcome to the vine! hope theres no more rain over your way for a while! you lot need time for the water to gjo down a bit! Hope all dries out for you son! In the words of Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, Bring Me Sunshine!
                  Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your plans for growing this year!
                    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hello & welcome to the forum from a newbie from london.

I hope the weather improves for you, It sounds like you have your garden pretty well thought out already, I have still to make some decisions as to what to grow this year, but i'm sure that If I get stuck, the other members of this forum will be a wealth of knowledge & helpful suggestions. they seem a very friendly & helpful bunch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X