Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

Hi all,
    I am Jemma, I live in Kenilworth and moved into my house in August, It is my first house with a garden which is quite exciting.
    I have two small children aged 2 and 6 one boy and one girl.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on 'Tinternet! Home grown veg are brilliant for children to get involved in. My grand-daughters are 4years old and 6 months old and their Dad had his first veg-and-fruit growing season last year. Healthy and educational too. Isn't your first garden exciting?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

it really is, we put potatoes in pots when we first moved in and had christmas potatoes home grown! the children have plante bulbs everywhere and are really enjoying having a garden. The front garden is south facing but twice the size of the backgarden so I am going to break the rules and plant some veg in the front too. (OH tells me that front garden are for display not veg but I'm sure I can hide some amongst the flowers!)

Comment

hello and welcome to the vine

Comment

Hey Jemma, welcome to the vine, if you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask
          Stacey x ♫

Comment

I have veg in the front too. Some are VERY decorative. Peas and beans up a wigwam - edible versions of the Sweet Pea!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome! Must be lovely sharing GYO with your little ones. So exciting isn't it?!
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hi welcome to the vine. I have asparagus in the front garden. Enjoy your garden!
                AKA Angie

Comment

Hello & Welcome Jemma,

I only joined yesterday too, the people seem such a warm & friendly bunch I wish i'd joined earlier!

Regarding your front garden question, you could grow different varieties of say, swiss Chard that has all the different coloured stems - its tasty too!

The stems are like celery, & the leaves are like spinach I only started growing it last year & will be growing some more this year too.

Comment

Hi Jemma and welcome.
                    As has been said, get stuff in the front too, who says front gardens are only for flowers and decoration anyway? (apart from OH of course)
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine!

I agree with TonyO about the Swiss Chard.....Harrogate had loads of them in their flower beds when I visited in 2007 . They looked lovely!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X