Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spennysaint View Post
    Hi tony

it's enfield council. I emailed them an enquiry form re allotment and they have emailed me asking to phone them ,so will do that tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Claire
    Hi Claire,

Thanks, its just out of curiosity really - these days Westminster council seem to be building shops, Offices & Flats on every scrap of ground they have.

Tony.

Comment

Well Tony and I have already exchanged posts but welcome from me too.

I did wonder if you were in N/London Tony I must be honest but you have answered that one. I always wonder when people say ' London' being an ex North Londoner myself
      ( I'm now a thoroughly converted village dweller never to return).
      I do work in the metropolis, In Spennysaints borough as it happens so hello to Spennysaint too :P

Regards Mas
      Last edited by ukmastiff; 16-02-2009, 12:04 PM.
      '3000 volts says the ducks
      are mine foxey !'

Comment

Hello ukmastif/Tony

firstly hello UKmastif from a fellow enfielder.

Well tony to keep you updated on my allotment plan. I phoned the number today to enquire about 3 site that are all within 15ish mins walk from my house, only to be given three different numbers to phone!! One has a two year wait so now contacting the others.

Claire
        Last edited by spennysaint; 16-02-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine.

Comment

Originally posted by Solebay Diamond View Post
            Hello and welcome to the vine.
            Thank you for the welcome, I feel right at home here

Comment

Hello ukmastif/Tony

firstly hello UKmastif from a fellow enfielder.

Well tony to keep you updated on my allotment plan. I phoned the number today to enquire about 3 site that are all within 15ish mins walk from my house, only to be given three different numbers to phone!! One has a two year wait so now contacting the others.

Claire
              Hi Claire, - 2 year wait - WOW Hope you can get one earlier than that!

Tony

Comment

Hi tony

I'm going to look at an allotment site on sunday, apparently they also have a wait but may be able to get one sooner if i take on one that is overgrown/uncultivated! We shall see!

Claire

Comment

Hi tony

I'm going to look at an allotment site on sunday, apparently they also have a wait but may be able to get one sooner if i take on one that is overgrown/uncultivated! We shall see!

Claire
                  Best of luck for sunday - just how overgrown will it be - I hope its not too bad

Tony

Comment

hooray, I'm now a proud allotment owner, well i say allotment? doesn't quite look like one yet, It's very overgrown doesn't really look like an allotment but i figured that i've got to start somewhere. I could have gone on the waiting list for one that does look like an allotment but decided that in the time that i'd waste waiting i could clear this one, I hope!! Can't wait to get started now

Claire

Comment

Hi Should forward your intro to my uncle about how much you gre in a small space. He came round today and commented on our small veg areas -I've just grown a things in containers but decided to do two raised beds this year, not that big but I thought between that and containers we'd do well. They used to live in the country on a 2 acre plot, with a huge enclosed veg/fruit plot so I think he assumes that is how you grow veg. Ha, he doesnt complain when he comes round and eats home grown veg
                      Elsie

Comment

hooray, I'm now a proud allotment owner, well i say allotment? doesn't quite look like one yet, It's very overgrown doesn't really look like an allotment but i figured that i've got to start somewhere. I could have gone on the waiting list for one that does look like an allotment but decided that in the time that i'd waste waiting i could clear this one, I hope!! Can't wait to get started now

Claire
                        Wahheyyy - congratulations Claire, cant wait to hear of your growing sucesses (pardon the pun) on your new allotment.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by elsie-scot View Post
                          Hi Should forward your intro to my uncle about how much you gre in a small space. He came round today and commented on our small veg areas -I've just grown a things in containers but decided to do two raised beds this year, not that big but I thought between that and containers we'd do well. They used to live in the country on a 2 acre plot, with a huge enclosed veg/fruit plot so I think he assumes that is how you grow veg. Ha, he doesnt complain when he comes round and eats home grown veg
                          Hi else-scott,

a two acre plot sounds lovely - if only & you cant beat the taste of fresh home grown veggies . good luck with your raised beds this year.

Tony

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X