Yet another newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Hi and welcome! I love blackcurrants and gooseberries so I have those in the garden. I'm also partial to a rhubarb or a damson crumble so I've got 2 rhubarb crowns which look after themselves and a damson tree. Took it about 3 years to get going but it fruits brilliantly now. Fruit is all down to what you actually like eating.
    Hi Flummery

Yes you are right, not much point in growing and fruit or vegetables for that matter that you or your family don't enjoy.

Now you mention it I am very fond of rhubarb myself, so thats now gone onto my list,many thanks.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

Hi DavidM31
      Welcome to the vine. I grow my veggies in the back garden using raised beds, also on lottie waiting list. Another fruit that you might want to consider is a blue berry bush. They are better grown in containers unless you have acid soil but are lovely especially if you are growing summer fruits. Happy growing season to you and good luck.
      http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Hi Herbie

Many thanks for that tip, yes thats a good idea I have several large pots that I used to grow my veg in until I got a mini allotment. I could fill up a couple with ericaeous mixture and plant a couple of blueberries, cheers for that.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X