hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

I am very new to this website and only found it after going through an old copy of the grow your own veg that i found in a drawer. I have planted most of the seeds already with my kids and the ones i look after too (i am a childminder)
    I love having a bash at growing anything and have a very eclectic garden! I prefer the plant it and see approch to gardening and dont really plan much!
    Sorry to offend all the hard gardeners out there. xx

This year i do have a plan and it is to grow veg in a specific place in my garden as we have some left over decking boards that i think will make a fantastic raised veg patch, I do have a problem and that is my mini walkin greenhouse!!! My hubby got it for me last year and the weather has all but killed it, Cant take it back to the shop as it came from woolies LOL. The poles are all fine and the cover is in great condition but it blew over even though it was staked well into the ground and that snapped and broke nearly all of the plastic bit that keep it upright! Does anyone know where i can buy new ones or have an idea of how i could fix it? Really loved it and lost lots of seedlings when it blew down. ( i was away when it happened) Not a lot of veg or flowers this year because of it.

Anyhoo!! I hope to make lots of new gardening friends and if i can help i will.
    Nice to sort of meet you all and good luck with growing everything this year xx Ally xx

Hello, and welcome to the madhouse!

There's always plenty going on here, and loads of advice to be had. Make use of the search facility 'cos there's loads of info already on here, it just takes a bit of finding sometimes.

Sorry, I can't answer your greenhouse question, but good luck with the garden.
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 16-02-2009, 04:47 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Aelfryth and welcome to the forum! My gardening is a bit like yours, I think. I just experiment and see what comes up! Bad luck about the walk in mini greenhouse. I haven't seen any of the bits you mention but will keep an eye out. You'll be surprised what you can grow on windowsills though! I only have a cheap 4 tiered greenhouse (you can't walk in it) so most of mine have to be started off indoors.
      AKA Angie

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine. I had one of those mini greenhouses a few years ago. Bad weather played havoc with it and the plastic cover split but it was a good little greenhouse.

Comment

Hi and welcome. You'd be surprised how many 'old' gardeneners have a relaxed appraoch to planning!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hello there.
            I also garden the same way as you, the previous owners of my garden made it so pristine that it was open to the public, shockingly high maintenance. I don't particularly like manicured gardens which is good as its all a bit wild now.

As for the greenhouse thingamy, why not look on ebay, you just never know what will be for sale !

Comment

Welcome to the vine, its pages and pages of awesomeness

Comment

Hi Ally, & welcome to the vine,

I have a similar greenhouse - well its more like a small stack of shelves really with a plastic cover, but its been useful over the past two years, but alas, my plastic cover was damaged beyond repair, so i use it in the warmer weather to keep my seedlings on.

I bought it from a homeware shop in london, & keep popping in there in the vain hope that they will get some more in one day - fingers crossed.

Tony

Comment

I wish it was the cover that was the problem. I phoned spear and jackson who made it to sell in woolies and they said there was nothing they could do to help as it was somthing that was made just for woolies! Not too happy witht that answer but hey ho, So looked on ebay and can buy new covers but not just the plastic bits that hold the silly poles together! AAAGGGHHHH!!! Its so annoying but i have seen a small 4x6 polycarbonate greenhouse in B&Q for about £130 (i think) It has an aluminium frame and the polystuff looks stong enough to have a ball land on by one of my boys! If anyone sees it would hey tell me what hey think of it please? I cant have a glass one due to job as a childminder, really want a decent one but they cost a bomb, Any suggestions will be very welcome.
                  xx ally xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X