Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Grapeviners

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to have found this forum, looks like there is a huge amount of advice available from fellow growers. I'm hoping this year's plot will benefit as a result .

I have a modest veg plot, at the back of the house, facing southwest. I'm in east lancs and my soil is fairly poor, thick clay with lots of stones. As a result I've raised beds, to help drainage etc. This is my 3rd year.

Hi there....and welcome ... there's a load of grapes who actually know what they're doing....unlike me Only been growing 1 season in this climate....
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine. My soil is poor as well but is sandy. It doesn"t hold the nutrients well but at least it dries out and warms up quickly! I just add horse muck.

Comment

Hi Basher and welcome!
        You could be in my back garden!!! I also have clay soil, hence raised beds with South-West aspect. It's also my 3rd year of growing and don't even mention the stones!!!!!! Happy growing!!
        AKA Angie

Comment

Hi and welcome. Pull up a spade and sit down!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

welcome to the madhouse, i am sure you will love it here, and growing fever is just starting, hold on to your gardening hats, here we go!!
            Last edited by BrideXIII; 16-02-2009, 07:16 PM.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!
            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Hi Basher - you're right about getting good know-how and advice here - I did (and still do)

Welcome
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Basher, welcome to the forum,

Raised beds are such a great idea when you have stoney or poor soil, I will probably do some for my garden after this seasons crop. - its a time factor for me due to work commitments. I may leave it, as i had a reasonable crop last year. I love all the aspects of gardening except when it comes to re-arranging where im going to plant everything for crop rotation!

Tony

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X