Hello!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

What a great site! I found you searching for info about growing potatoes in tubs.
    I haven't done much in the way of growing things lately, and when I did it years ago it was just in a few grobags.
    We don't have the room for a patch but I want to get my children into growing some things so here I am!
    I'm Karen and a mum to 4.

Welcome to the vine Funky Mum. I'm relatively new to the forum too but have already recieved loads of great advice. I started off with container growing and you'd be suprised at how much you can grow just in containers. I think it's a great idea to get your children involved. Enjoy growing and search the threads, there's a huge amount of information out there!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I'm loving this site

Comment

Hi Funky Mum - welcome to the grapevine. Many of us find it quite addictive! It's surprising how much you can grow in pots and children are never too young to start appreciating where their food comes from. Nice to meet you.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi, and welcome (I'm not going to say it this time lol!).

This place is addictive - I'm sure many of us would get a lot more done if we weren't on here so much - but then we wouldn't learn so much!

If I don't get my A int G soon, I'll be growing in tubs too!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello there Funky Mum.
            I'm also new to this forum and have only done a few posts but its so informative, you could just read and read for hours what everyone posts, wonderful.
            I'm also a Mum to three children (all boys) and I really enjoy getting my boys excited about growing their own food. Last year was our first growing year and they would squabble about who was going to dig up the spuds, collect the courgettes etc and they would ooh and aah when eating them saying they were the best they had ever tasted. So I'm growing on a much bigger scale this year and so far, so good.
            Best of luck with your projects !

Comment

Hi Funkymum and welcome.
              I have my grandkids growing in containers and when they grow it themselves they are far more inclined to eat it.
              My grandaughter grows peas and absolutely loves them. Good luck with your kids, bet they can't wait to get started.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine.

Good luck finding time to garden with four children! Our younger son (13) loves growing dwarf beans in containers
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Hi and welcome! great there's gonna be another generation who knows where their food comes from. My daughter loves helping grow veg. You'll be amazed at what they'll try when they've grown it themselves!

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Hi, and welcome (I'm not going to say it this time lol!).

This place is addictive - I'm sure many of us would get a lot more done if we weren't on here so much - but then we wouldn't learn so much!

If I don't get my A int G soon, I'll be growing in tubs too!
                  come on! I know you want to!

EDIT: bad typing corrected
                  Last edited by RedThorn; 19-02-2009, 09:04 PM.
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Watch out its adictive - before you know where you are you'll be on a allotment waiting list !! :-)
                      http://norburger.blogspot.com/
                      http://www.justgiving.com/jasonnorledge

Comment

If I get on ok with the tubs this year then I can definately see it as being something I will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Norburger View Post
                          Watch out its adictive - before you know where you are you'll be on a allotment waiting list !! :-)
                          and/or taking over your entire garden
                          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi Funky Mum, Welcome to the forum,

I'm going to grow some spuds in containers this year too, (kestrel variety) hope they come out ok, and as already said, so much stuff can been grown in tubs you're spoilt for choice these days!!

Best of luck with whatever you decide to grow this year.

TonyO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X