Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

Hi everyone.
    My name's Dave from Hazel Grove in Stockport.
    My gardening experience so far extends to mowing the lawn and killing house plants
    This year I have decided to try to grow some vegetables in a flower bed and containers.
    I can't wait to get going.
    Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over
    here, looking through your stuff.

http://mustardveggie.blogspot.com/

Hello Mustard and welcome to the vine!! I'm quite an expert at killing house plants too!
    Started off with containers myself and have now lost my lawn to raised beds! What are you planning to grow?
    AKA Angie

Comment

Hi, I'm new too and I'm trying containers and a couple of very small raised beds. I have a plastic greenhouse (just big enough to stand in!) and I've made myself a couple of bubble wrap cloches. Now I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens....

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
        Hello Mustard and welcome to the vine!! I'm quite an expert at killing house plants too!
        Started off with containers myself and have now lost my lawn to raised beds! What are you planning to grow?
        Hoping to grow some potatoes in "bags", tomatoes, chillies, carrots, leeks etc. Maybe some strawberries or raspberries.

Comment

Originally posted by thatshallot View Post
          Hi, I'm new too and I'm trying containers and a couple of very small raised beds. I have a plastic greenhouse (just big enough to stand in!) and I've made myself a couple of bubble wrap cloches. Now I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens....
          I have just bought one of these from Argos £9 off what I thought was already a good price

Comment

Hi thatshallot and welcome to you too! I have only got a 4 tier plastic greenhouse, can't even stand in it but I manage to squeeze and awful lot in it. In the summer I take the shelves out and then put my tomatoes in there. I like the sound of the bubble wrap cloches!
            AKA Angie

Comment

Welcome to the vine.
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

It only occurred to me yesterday that I could take the shelves out for my tomatoes!! The cloches seem to be ok, at least they've stood up to the wind so far. I've just put some onions under one of them that I'd started in toilet rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustard View Post
                  I have just bought one of these from Argos £9 off what I thought was already a good price
                  Hi Mustard, yes that's the greenhouse I've got. I got it on eBay last year. Mine survived the winter winds in tact, but my friend's didn't last 5 minutes! I got a set of 3 propogators in Aldi this morning, after reading about their fruit trees on here, so 2 of them are now in the greenhouse. Hopefully I'll get some beetroot off to a good start...

Comment

hi ya dave
                    you have to start somewhere, get old compost bags quarter fill with soil plant 2 or 3 potatoes in when grown about 6 inch cover with more soil , you have new pots 14 to 16 weeks.

Comment

Hi Mustard, Welcome to the forum,

I've just bought the 4 tier plastic version - (non walk in version) as the one you have wont fit in my garden,-

Tony

Comment

hello and welcome to the board

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X