hello to all

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello to all

thought id introduce myself,my name is adrian , known as ade. just starting out on growing our own , my youngest daughter who is in the echo team at school and has been growing veg at school since last year , shes 8 years old , and after much nagging she talked us in to a greenhouse and starting our own veg plot in our garden. we went for a plastic 8x6 greenhouse due to the kids playing in the garden which is thermostatically heated by a 2kw heater. i will try not to ask any daft questions and will attempt to use the search option. bye for now
    theres a fine line between insanity and a hobby , VERY FINE!!

Hello Stumpy, welcome to the vine.
    Call me a thickie - but what is the echo team??
    Tx

Comment

Welcome.

She talked YOU into a greenhouse - much respect to her. And a heated one as well???

Honestly....you've got a good one there haven't you! What a star.

Comment

hi all, thanlks for the welcome, echo team is the name the school uses for the gardening club they have , they get to do the growing during school lessons as part of their curiculum. birmingham schools are taking it quite seriuosly. they sell the produce in the school to the parents and the money goes to fund the growing. we had some rocket, cucumbers and lettuces last year , the look on our daughters face as the family tucked in to her and her friends hard work was pricless. she is a star , we are very proud. thanls again ade.

Comment

You should be very proud of her. I wish all schools encoraged their pupils to grow veg.
          And good on you for joining in with the fun. Heres to many happy years growing your own.
          I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Welcome to the vine and good for your daughter!!
            AKA Angie

Comment

thanks , we are very proud of her , the green fingers must have something to do with her name , rosie. lol.

Comment

Hi Stumpy and welcome to the madhouse - it's lovely to hear of Parents doing as the kids tell them lol!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hi Stumpy - welcome to the vine,

its a pity schools in London dont do the echo team curriculum, it would certainly be an eye opener for them, & it might even steer some of them away from all that junk food!!!

NO pizza isnt a vegetable!!!!!

Tony
                  Last edited by TonyO; 22-02-2009, 09:53 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Hiya and a warm welcome to the vine

Comment

and welcome from me as well

Comment

good to see the younger generation pushing upwards! Congrats to Rosie (you are afterall only the Dad )

Welcome and happy growing!
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi and welcome. They have an eco-club at our local school - I imagine it's the same. The kids there grew some fantastic yellow courgettes last year - better than mine!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

thank you all for the warm welcome , rosie and i will keep you all informed on our progress, we are really looking forward to a fun filled year of growing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X