Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
    Hiya printemps - EXACTLY where are you?
    I'm in the Lot valley....and i grew parsnips last year - put in dozens of seeds....got 6 parsnips.....luvverly tho'
    That sounds about my success rate in the UK!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What a wonderful welcome - thank you all!

Yes, traditonally parsnips have been fed to animals yet you do now see them in supermarkets, but have never seen packets of seeds.

Scarey55 - you're due east of me. TonyF - I'm on the border of Vienne, Charente and Deux Sevres.

I've also given up growing courgettes and melons, both being victims of what I think is powdery mildew, and with such a small veg patch and it'll be smaller still once I've turned it into raised beds. I think I'm going to stick with red onions, shallots (both expensive to buy in season), swiss chard, climbing French beans plus the usual salad crops. A friend gave me some watercress seeds so that's going to be quite an experiment. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you all again for being so welcoming - I feel at home already!

Comment

Welcome from another Froglet, although a touch further north than you.
        Parsnip seeds on sale in Super U, La Guerche de Bretagne right now. I know this as I had an email from a gardening friend who couldnt believe his eyes.
        Like you Printemps, 2 years ago I lost most of my spuds and toms, but had a great tom summer last year.
        Enjoy the Vine
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Graines Baumaux have a number of varieties(of parsnips)......and an online catalogue.....
          and for the climbing haricot - i recommend Cobra - had a wonderful crop last year - still one bag left in the freezer!
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Welcome to the vine Printemps,

best of luck with the parsnips, & i hope the coming growing season gives you every success.

TonyO.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X