Just a beginner

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a beginner

Hello folks, I've only had an allotment in Woodcote, Oxfordshire for about 34 years so I consider myself just a beginner. I first got the bug when taken to allotments in Henley on Thames by my Grandfather just after the War (Second World, not Boer). I like to try new as well as old techniques and try to grow two or three new items every year. This way I get to learn what suits my soil and location. I find infinite pleasure in being out of doors in the sun and the wind, in exercising, getting my hands in the soil and taking fresh food home and preparing and eating it. I try to help other allotment holders in our location with plants and advice and it gives me huge pleasure when someone new takes up growing. It's a fantastic hobby, wholesome, healthy, therapeutic and rewarding, so keep digging and enjoy the moment. Alan Farmer

Welcome to the vine Alan! Sounds like you can teach us comparative newbies a thing or three!
    Glad to have you aboard!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi welcome, it's only my second year growing so that makes me but a dot on the gardening map lol I could prob fit my knowledge on a postage stamp now !

Comment

Welcome Alan,goodness 34 years as an allotmenteer you must have seen it all in that time. I like your attitude towards gardening, and helping others to enjoy it.
        I too share a love for the outdoors and getting my hands dirty in the garden or now down my newly aquired allotment, there is nothing like it.

Enjoy the chatter on the vine.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

Welcome 'O wise one!' I've only grown Runner beans, tomatoes, herbs and my stomach so far - but addicted.

Hope you enjoy 'Vine-Life as much as the rest of us!
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 27-02-2009, 07:18 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

hello and welcome to the vine from a learner..lol

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi alan

I wished you lived near me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse