Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the North West

Hello everyone,

my name is Rachel, I live in Stockport, I have three children, three ex battery hens, two cats, one dog,one husband and three raised veggie beds.

I have got my name down for an allotment, I am now 8th on the list after being third when I originally registered (the council have taken over the list and my name wasnt on it apparently) They have said they will bear me in mind when a plot becomes available, so fingers crossed I wont actually have to wait for 7 people to leave their plots!

I have just ordered FAR too much stuff from T & M which I know I havnt got room to grow and I have hidden the online confirmation from my hubby.
    I am currently trying to work out how to persuade him to let me have two more veg beds......

I have been subscribing to the magazine for a year now and love it, thought it was about time I joined the forum and said HELLO.

Rachel

hi and welcome, im fairly new too. everyone here is fab and there's always someone to answer questions and give information and support. (all questions daft or not daft!)
    so make yourself comfy, and good luck!
    Zoe

Comment

Hi and welcome sounds like you are like the rest of us, we all hide stuff sometimes. lol
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Hi welcome to the madvine.

Sounds like you have your hands full there Rachel almost as bad as me

As for the veggie beds just go for it, I wouldn't bother saying anything, he'll benefit in the long run and anything you can't fit in a bed just throw into buckets, polystyrene boxes, pots, tubtrugs and an old wheelbarrow or two (all currently gracing my front garden 'allotment')
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hi Rachel,
          welcome to the vine, loads of experienced folks on here to give advice on just about anything!
          Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thank you for all your kind welcomes!

Your right Hayley-less mowing for him anyway!!!

Rachel

Comment

Hi Rachel
              Welcome to the vine. I'm always ordering too much but I manage to fit it all in somewhere!
              AKA Angie

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Rachel
                Overspending with T&M is a perennial problem for me but everything always grows well from them, so it's worth it

Comment

hello and a warm welcome to the vine

Comment

Originally posted by rachel24 View Post
                    Thank you for all your kind welcomes!

Your right Hayley-less mowing for him anyway!!!

Rachel
                    I was thinking more of his tummy
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Wellcome!, hope you find things helpful and interesting
                      Perhaps you could get to the Grapes NW neetup near Warrington, see General Chitchat

Comment

Hi Geoff-I will go and check that out now...........

Comment

welcome from the north west
                          above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X