Hello! New to site!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! New to site!

Hi! I thought I'd come and introduce myself as I'm new on here. My name is Chloe and I'm fairly new to growing veg. I say fairly new because I have grown a few things in the past couple of years but the first year I started we had a very tiny garden so I just grew some runner beans and some courgettes in tubs and then my second year (last year) I was HEAVILY pregnant and then had a newborn and a toddler to deal with. So, this year I'm hoping I can make a really big go of things as I really do enjoy being outside and eating fresh fruit and veg.

So, what's new with me? Well, my wonderful husband has just built me (courtesy of B&Q) a wonderful greenhouse (6x6) at the end of our garden and I'm hoping that this week the raised beds I have on order will turn up along with A LOT of soil to fill them.
    I'm really keen to start planting some seeds but must double check when the best time to do each thing is. We're on the south coast in sunny old Eastbourne which really does live up to its name the Sunshine Coast but that doesn't mean we escape those late frosts.

I'm sure I'll be using this site to ask lots of questions and learn from the vast amount of knowledge I'm sure you all have. I'm already having fun browsing the forums and reading various posts.

I also hope to keep a blog of my progress.

So if you've managed to read this far without getting bored thank you
    I look forward to getting to know you all

Chloe

hello chloe,i started in my garden to i got the bug now i have a allotment its big with lots of grass but im getting there.

Comment

Welcome Pickle, there are lots of people on this site who have tons of knowledge and will always help you out. I have never asked a question that hasn't had an answer and no-one has ever laughed at the daft ones! Good luck with the growing!

Comment

Hi Pickle, welcome to the vine!
        AKA Angie

Comment

Hi and welcome. A greenhouse is a wonderful resource - you won't regret it!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

hello and welcome to the vine

Comment

Welcome, I'm a novice too but everyone on here's great - a heck of a lot of knowledge
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hi Chloe, welcome to the vine. Well done on gardening with the children...or should that be good luck!?

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome Vicky, it should probably be good luck

Comment

hello and welcome pickle
                      ---) CARL (----
                      ILFRACOMBE
                      NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Loooooooo from N/E Herts
                        '3000 volts says the ducks
                        are mine foxey !'

Comment

Hi Chloe. Congrats on your little 'un last year. Get your toddler to help you - they love digging in the soil!!!
                          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hello, welcome to the Vine
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X