quite embarrasing but.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quite embarrasing but.....

i know to pinch the side shoots from tomato's but please can someone tell me which is the grow tip?? I am new to the growing my own stuff and would appreciate any advice u have?

I played last year with various different veg ( and managed to do well enough to eat most of it ) but this year i'm taking things a bit more seriously.

Thanks in advance for any tips or tricks u may have for me.

Welcome veggie lover. Have a look here.

How to prune your tomato plants with pictures.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Great link Capsid, I like the Garden Action site keeps it nice and simple for me If that pic shows the side shoots then presumably the grow tip is the one at the top?
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

veggielover - there's nothing embarrassing about asking stuff like that - it's how you learn!
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

ditto what Farmer G says - and welcome
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Thank u guys..... after reading a few threads i think i've gone a bit over the top with my veggie growing plans! lol

i have 2 beds in my garden ( south facing ) and a LOT of pots. i also have space for a small bed.

I really like the mediteranean type veg and plan to grow:- Tomato's, peppers, aubergine, courgette and chilli's. Unfortunatly due to size of garden i can't have greenhouse. I have the small plastic growhouses though..... can i grow these veg in there?

other than those exotic veg, i'll be doing the usual carrots. parsnips etc etc.

Comment

You can grow in the mini greenhouses, just remember to leave the flap open in the height of summer, gets very hot in there! If you number the shelves from the bottom, 1 through to 4, I took out the 2nd and 4th shelf and then I could have bigger plants and pots in there....
              Last edited by RedThorn; 09-03-2009, 07:13 PM.
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X