hello from sunny sussex

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from sunny sussex

Hello, we went to see our new allottment today in Shoreham by Sea - Am so excited!! It hasn't been used for a long time, has a shed and a couple of other structures. The chap next door suggested we get a mini digger in - which we can get cheap - so think we will scrape the top, turn and level it all then cover with membrane. Then we can uncover bits as we go. I was thinking of just trying some spuds, beans onion etc in raised beds this year so we are not taking on too much.

How does that sound for a plan??

Sounds good to me, policy of small step. Welcome and good luck!
    AKA Angie

Comment

sounds like a plan, small steps is better as it may become too much doing all at once, i would suggest if you have areas you're not doing much with but at some point will put veg in why not grow some green manures while you're waiting. also take photos so you have a visual reminder of how much you have achieved. good luck

Comment

Hello!
        I used to go through Shoreham every day on the bus to college. I love the wacky houseboats.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Lo from N./E Herts and welcome. Shoreham is lovely , I used to have a small boat near Ford on the Arun and did go to Shoreham on occasion, I think it was to eat ?

Anyway enjoy the forum , I do
          '3000 volts says the ducks
          are mine foxey !'

Comment

Originally posted by lushy86 View Post
            Hello, we went to see our new allottment today in Shoreham by Sea - Am so excited!! It hasn't been used for a long time, has a shed and a couple of other structures. The chap next door suggested we get a mini digger in - which we can get cheap - so think we will scrape the top, turn and level it all then cover with membrane. Then we can uncover bits as we go. I was thinking of just trying some spuds, beans onion etc in raised beds this year so we are not taking on too much.

How does that sound for a plan??
            Congratulations on getting an allotment, your plan is a good one, once you have got the plot cleared and covered just deal with a section at a time rather than trying to do the whole lot in one go.
            This is my first season on an allotment and the friendly guys and girls on here will answer any qestions you may have.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

hello and a warm welcome from me

Comment

Great to have an allotment, Sounds like your plan is good, you casn plant most things through the membrane, I have done this with potatoes, with out to much hard work. ENJOY
                Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                -- Alfred E. Neumann
                http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Hallo and welcome. I am from sussex although I live in scotland now. I liked shoreham, especially walking on the beach with my dogs. Good luck with your allotment! You will get loads of fab advice here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X