Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning

Hi Everyone new person here.
    Used to garden quite a lot but it some how fell by the wayside. We (me and Him indoors)have now decided to take things in hand and try and start producing more of our own fruit and veg. So we are hoping through the year to re-do our small garden from scratch and create some raised beds as well as still growing some of the smaller items and allso maneagable ammounts of potatoes in wooden wine crates and other containers on the patio. This w/end will be renovating and moving the cold frames, and in a few weeks time good old Dad will be helping us build a potting shed

Its probably going to take until the begining of next year to be fully functioning but luuuuverrrly veg here we come.

ps does anyone know where I cuold get a variety of quince tree that doesn't grow too large.

Thanx

Vranja

Hiya welcome to the Vine, good luck with the garden
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Welcome and good gardening!
      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi and welcome - I wasn't surprised to hear you ask about quince when I saw your user name!

I've used Highfield Nurseries near Gloucester for fruit trees and they are very good.

They do 4 varieties, Champion, Meeches Prolific, Portugal and Vranja, all of which they say are about 12 ft. However, they are all available as half standards which might be what you want. Not cheap though - a half standard is £31.99!

However, if it's any use to you, I have a 20% off voucher for use before April 1st - send me a pm if it's any good to you. You can look online - Google Highfield Nurseries.

Cheers,

Flum
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi & welcome to the vine. Happy growing!
          AKA Angie

Comment

hello and a warm welcome to the vine

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your welcome, and Flummery thank you for the info - although we aren't ready to plant yet(but thank you for the offer of the voucher) I will certainly be having a look at Highfield nurseries. I think the half standard would be ideal - here's to lots of membrillo (eventually).

Vranja

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X