Hello from Leicester Forest East

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Leicester Forest East

Hello - I'm new to the site. Just registered today, so I thought I'd come say say a proper hello (*waves).

My name is Lucie, I live in the suburbs of Leicester and i've rather ambitiously decided to take up veggie growing. I have a rather large garden that is primarily laid to lawn and I've recently decided to dig a chunk of it up!! Goodness knows what i'll find when I get on with it later!?

I have absolutely NO IDEA what i'm doing, but i'm willing to listen and learn from those that do.

Please accept my sincerest apologies in advance for anything silly or daft or in fact utterly ludicrous that I may say. I have a habit of allowing my fingers to type faster than my mind can think, and before I know it i've clicked on 'Submit'.

Nice to 'meet' you all anyways.

Hi Loobyblu! Welcome to the vine! No question is daft or silly, it's a constant learning curve for all of us!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Nice to meet you Looby. I dug up all my grass when we moved here. Then, encouraged by this gang, I got half an allotment too! You'll soon pick up plenty of tips on here. Read all the threads, especially 'What I did Today' which will remind you of the best time to do each job.

Get some Radox too - your back will ache! Good luck!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi, I live in Hinckley. I dug up my partner's lawn when I moved in with him (though for flowers rather than veg). Now pulling up his paving slabs for the veg!

Good luck with your digging. This is a great site for advice and encouragement.

Helen

Comment

Hi there and Welcome.,

Comment

hi looby-blu and welcome,as has been said,no question is a daft 1,sounds like you started out right,there is lots of info already on the site,but not always easy to find what you looing for,it's very rare that nobody has an answer,no matter what you ask,all the best with your veggie growing.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

hello from Countesthorpe *waves*

watch this growing lark, its addictive. Enjoy the forum, everyone is very friendly!
              We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
              Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

*Waves

Welcome to the Madvine Looby, don't worry about daft questions you'd have to go a long way to beat some of mine

Lot of knowledge on here and there's always sommat new you learn well at least I do
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hiya

Hi!

Welcome to this great source of information!

No matter what life throws at me, I always find this an excellent haven hope you will too!
                  Act - Sing - Perform!
                  Theatre Cats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X