advice very welcome

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice very welcome

4 year old and i, just started out in garden, she loves it, but i know as much as her. lol. what vegetable seeds would be best 2 start with, and can they be grown in pots. X

My 4 and 5yr old grandchildren like to grow tom plants,we grow them in buckets.The 4yrold likes growing cress in eggboxes for her mom! carrots can be grown in buckets,so can potatoes,lettice leaf can be grown in all sorts of containers.Grandson wants to try cucumbers in a pot this year so we are going to give it a try!there are lots more experienced growers on here and I'm sure they will give you so good advice.Welcome and enjoy!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine!
      AKA Angie

Comment

Welcome jojo. What about a runner bean wigwam in a big pot? The plants grow quickly and then the beans seem to appear overnight (and the flowers are pretty too!).
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Hi and welcome Jojo.

First things first.... what do you and your daughter like to eat? how big are your pots and how many can you use? Have you got any garden to use?
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Jojo.
            You and your 4 yo could start by planting some peas in a pot on the windowsill and eating the green shoots - they taste like fresh peas and appear very quickly.

Beans come up very quickly and are sure to please a 4 yo but leave them until May as they are not frost hardy. They will do well in a container if you feed and water.

Lettuce , salad leaves and rocket will make small leaves in a tray on the windowsill and can be cut and left to come again.

Hope you and 4yo can have some fun.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X