Howdy Everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Everyone

The names Sid and I will be starting a vegetable garden I set up last fall and my wife wants to start raising chickens this year. Looks like we are on the other side of the big pond from most of you here but I thought it couldn't hurt to see how you do things over here

Hi Sid welcome to the Vine
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Welcome to the Vine sid What is your climate like there? We don't really have 'zones' here, but I believe most of the UK is about zone 8?

Comment

I'm pretty much in zone 6 1/2 I guess. It was 62 degrees today going down to 39 tonight.

Thurmont Weather Forecast and Conditions Maryland (21788)

Comment

That's similar to the temprature we're forecast here for the next week or so, hopefully gradually getting warmer from now on I think your winters are colder than ours though, we got down to -12°c this winter.

Comment

Hi Sid, a warm welcome from me too. What sort of veg are you planning on growing?
            AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Welcome to the Vine sid What is your climate like there? We don't really have 'zones' here, but I believe most of the UK is about zone 8?
              You speak for yourself missy, I'm in the zone man!

Welcome Sid.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                Hi Sid, a warm welcome from me too. What sort of veg are you planning on growing?
                I'm going to try a few different kinds of tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers lettuce, spinach, beans, broccolli, potatoes and whatever else my wife decides she wants

Comment

Sounds like a great selection to me. I'm trying about 8 different tomato varieties this year, though I don't know where I'm going to put them all yet!!! Am also trying mini cucumbers this year. Unfortuanately a lot of us suffered tomato blight last year because our summer was so wet and humid. Good luck with it all and keep us updated
                  AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X