Greetings from the Cooley mountains

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Cooley mountains

I've been sitting on the fence for ages, and at last I've plucked up the courage to join in. (Can't promise not to make a fool of myself with silly questions though!) I've been 'growing my own' for about six years and just love it, but I still feel there's loads to learn. I started a veg plot at my son's school last month. We had a 'wellie day' where the parents and kids built and filled 4 raised beds, and set seeds in a mini greenhouse. Our gardening 'club' now meets two lunchtimes a week and even though its early days yet, the kids are hooked! My little boy was brought up in the garden and just loves sharing his experiences with the older kids at school. Will be asking questions about homemade fertilsers soon, and hope you can help. Hope I can do the same in return. Happy gardening!
    A good beginning is half the work.
    Praise the young and they will make progress.

Must be uncomfortable sitting on the fence, better in a comfy chair in front of the PC
    It sounds great what you are doing with the kids in school, lets hope the adults don't lose interest. Welcome to the forum, new faces always welcome.
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Welcome - glad you joined us.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the Vine sweetiepea

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine!
          AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...