Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Kent

Hi!

I'm Sonata, and I'm a newbie gardener in Ashford, Kent. We just moved into our house last year - our first with our own garden! However, I had some health problems so couldn't really get stuck into the garden (or indeed out into the garden!) until the end of last year really..and we had to get rid of the decking and shrubs and thing so that we could have lawn and a veggie plot!

So I've been sowing seeds (usually far too many) indoors and outdoors and am loving the fact I now have things popping up all over the place almost every day. I tend to grow things that are edible or things I can use in making my own "potions" (I make my own soaps, creams etc).

I'm also very keen on chilli plants, for some reason (just started making my own curries from scratch!), so I'm collecting them. So far I have 44 seedlings from 50 seeds sown over 6 varieties.
    Singleton Allotments Society
    Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Hi Sonata and welcome to the vine! It's very exciting when the seeds all start to germinate. What other things are you growing?
    AKA Angie

Comment

Er well it's more a case of what am I NOT growing!

Potatoes
      Onions
      Garlic
      Spinach
      Pak Choi
      Chinese Cabbage
      Spring Onions
      Chard
      Runner Beans
      Cucumbers
      Tomatoes
      Bell Peppers (one)
      Strawberries
      Goji berries
      Blackberries

Lots of herbs
      Roses
      Lavender
      Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

Wow, that's a good selection! I'm in my third year growing; part in containers and part in 3 raised beds. I've got lots of herbs too particularly like growing ones I've never heard of before.
        AKA Angie

Comment

Hi welcome to the Vine
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Welcome Sonata.I am from just down the road in Canterbury.
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Sadly, the only thing my DH will be likely to eat are the runner beans and the berries. Still..more for me!

Hi Cloud, I'm always in Canterbury (so it seems - I have regular hospital appointments there, like we don't have a perfectly good one in Ashford) - just drove there yesterday.

Selfraising, do you focus on different "specialities" each year then?

Comment

Welcome Sonata, I'm in Kent too, bit further west just south of Maidstone.

Enjoy your growing!
                Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X