Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya I keep finding myself here so thought I should register.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya I keep finding myself here so thought I should register.

Hello there, Im Jacqui. I am trying to grow my own veg and start to become a little bit self sufficient I suppose. In my quest for knowledge I keep finding myself on this forum and am gaining so much information I felt I should register. I am growing some patio veg this year as have moved to the country side and have a big garden but I rent a house and am not allowed to dig it up. I currently have potatos cucumber carrots lettuces tomatos growing very well. I am also experimenting with sugar babe watermelons which seem to be going well. I would love to brew my own wine aswell but as of yet have no clue. I am going to try and use a kit but am unsure what I would need for this but will find out and give it a go.

Anyway wanted to say hi and Im sure I will chat to more of you soon.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

hello and welcome

Comment

Hello

Glad to hear that you are not perturbed by not being able to dig up garden and are growing in containers! In a way that's good as you won't come across stony/heavy clay soil.

Everyone is friendly here and enjoy a natter! Hope you enjoy it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
        I would love to brew my own wine aswell but as of yet have no clue. I am going to try and use a kit but am unsure what I would need for this
        hello.
        pop into the Juicy forum for lots of winemaking advice, if you haven't already. Or get a library book.

Start off with a kit (from Wilkinsons or a local brew shop) - you need a tin of syrup, some yeast, sugar, demijohns, airlocks, tubing, Campden tablets, and off you go.
        As you get more skilled, you can use your own recipes and ingredients.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi Jax and welcome,
          If you want to get into winemaking have you thought about trying your local Freecycle website for equipment, I'm sure you'd stand a good chance of finding some for free, there was some on offer on my local one only this morning.

Comment

Hi and nice to welcome you - offcially! It's a great way to meet like-minded people, this forum.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

cheers thanks for making me so welcome Im enjoying growing stuff it pots. I have a bad back aswell so it all helps really I will have a look at that forum for winemaking info. Had to bring some of my younger veggies in this morning as we had horrendous wind and they were getting abit battered so the kitchen windowsill is being used well.
              http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X