No announcement yet.

Long time lurker..first time posting..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker..first time posting..

Been visiting the forum for quite a few weeks now and thought it was time to get on board.

Have dived in headfirst to the GYO wave that's washing over the country at the moment. I've converted part of my garden in to a veg area, with a little 6x6 greenhouse, some homemade raised beds and countless pots/containers. Everything seems to be growing well at the moment, mainly from seed, but am getting to the planting out / up stage so may need to ask for some advice!!

Looking forward to joining in
    Last edited by Wriggler; 16-05-2009, 09:42 PM.
    God made rainy days, so gardeners could get their housework done

hello and welcome

Comment

Wilkommen !
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

hi wriggler,welcome to the vine,they are an informative bunch here,also from Southampton were abouts are you?

Comment

Welcome to the madvine Wriggler, loads of knowledge on here, I'm a novice but learning quick.
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Hi and welcome there Wriggler
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi Wriggler - my stuff's growing like mad now too - nearly as fast as the weeds!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

'morning, Wriggler. I started off a few years ago with a small veg patch in my garden but it seems to double in size every year. The upside is you have much less lawn to mow I hope that's not a cabbage white catapiller in your avatar or we'll all be sticking pins in it
                I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Wriggler.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Thank you all so much for the welcome!

Originally posted by acreman View Post
                    hi wriggler,welcome to the vine,they are an informative bunch here,also from Southampton were abouts are you?
                    I'm in West End, acreman You? How windy is it here today?? I've come in doors for a bit cos my ears are starting to sting

Comment

i'm in Hamble,wet and windy here,the only good thing is i'm at work so to me i haven't lost out on a day

Comment

Hi Wriggler welcome to the vine! I started off with 1 raised bed now all my lawn has been taken over by raised beds and containers!
                        AKA Angie

Comment

I can honestly see that happening here over time. I've got 3 raised beds so far (the ground a bit of a builders yard under the topsoil - and I'm a wimpy girlie ) but I'm already thinking it's not going to be enough! I was one of those 'my garden's an extension of my house, don't mess with it' people which was actually a bit of a joke really as the boys, now teenagers & football mad, were growing up. I can see me ending up with the smallest of lawns and a sea of beds and pots . The boys are old enough now not too be kicking a ball around any more.. it's just the rat-dog I seem have been lumbered with recently (pressie from the ex to the boys - they lurve her- she's just a pooping digging moulting thing on legs as far as I'm concerned!! )

Comment

Hi Wriggler,

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from a fellow lurker just done my own first post - there is so much advice here that it's good it's raining today so I can read and not feel guilty I'm not gardening!
                              Margaret
                              A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X