Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Hertfordshire

Hello everybody,

I am growing crops in pots for the first time this year. We have a very small garden that is terraced with lots of patio space and a wildlife garden area and jungle exotic garden this year. The front garden is nice and level about 12 x 15 feet but unfortunately doesn't get enough sun except out by the picket fence. I have started loads of stuff from seed, didn't expect it all to sprout and I hate throwing things away. Does anybody know where to find out the last frost information? I looked on the Council website in the park section and they don't have any info (why I am not surprised!). I didn't know if I could plant out my tomatoes and amaranth yet. I am starting sweetcorn, pumpkins and courgettes inside in small pots and some in loo roll tubes. I used an old alpine trough to plant a row of beetroot, row of lettuces, row of round ball carrots and row of red spring onion. Is it too late to plant pot marigolds?

You all seem such a friendly bunch and very helpful with your advice. I love the magazine and this forum is superb!

Hi and welcome - a fellow quilter eh?
    You can get your last frost date from a number of websites - if you google last frost you'll get the Garden Action one - you put in your town and it will tell you. Someone has put a link on here to one of them but at the moment I can't find it!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi there Quilter
      You're not to far north of me, so our Last Frost Date was this weekend and again

Shouldn't be too late for the marigolds either. Just make sure you harden off you plants before planting out. My sweetcorn has been outside for about 2 weeks now along with my beans and cougettes. The only one's I was real worried about was the sweetcorn as they take so long to grow. The rest if I lost them, grow quickly enough for annother sowing.
      Welcome to the nuthouse
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hi and welcome Quilter, you must be from somewhere fairly close to me. Welcome to the mad house
        http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X