New hear and growing my own this year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hear and growing my own this year

Hello all Im John from Swindon , Im am in my first year of growing my own veg , I have a small greenhouse and 2 raised beds so far growing in both , so far I have Potatoes , carrots , tomatoes , sweetcorn , peppers and lettuce its a project for me to learn and to help the parents aswell.

I will post some pics of my progress so far shortly but thought I would introduce myself!

Hey all!

Here is a small selection so far any hints/tips please let me know

Thanks John.

Comment

Hi John and welcome to the vine. Your plants all look lovely and healthy.
      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Thanks BumbleB it is a first try and its a learn as I go scenario , potatoes are near flowering in the pots and just poking through in the beds , had to tie the potted potatoes as the stems started to fall under their own weight.

Runner beans are coming on well all planted mid April in the greenhouse and so far have been lucky avoiding the frosts! , I am waiting for this wind to go and the sun to show up and get them all moved out into the garden.

Is there anything to be aware of when moving from greenhouse to garden? I was thinking of leaving the door open one day then next day leaving them out?

Comment

I think the key is to treat them gently. Gradually get them used to the outdoors, use fleece if its cold, protect a bit from the wind etc. What area are you? you can put your location in your profile so that it shows on your posts then others can guage things re your weather. I am very south and its often much warmer here.
          BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
          Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Just done it im in Swindon , Wiltshire the garden faces East and gets lots of sun and where the greenhouse is it gets sun all day , no obstructions really.

Comment

looking good there m8

Comment

Hi There and Welcome,
                Nice piccies, they all look brilliant

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X