Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New veg on the block

Hi there.

Just thought I'd do a quick introduction to everyone.

I've been lurking around the forums as a visitor for a few weeks now and thought it was about time I joined in.

We moved in to our '40s end terrace house about 9 months ago and after stripping it down to a bare shell, knocking down a couple of walls and redecorating every room I thought it was time to get out in the sun(?!).

I've currently built one raised bed into which I've sown some peas, mange tout, lettuce, carrots and onions (yep........all the "safe" ones first) and everything's growing well. I've got loads of seedlings coming on in the greenhouse which are really needing to be planted out so will be building a couple more beds this weekend..........come rain, hail or shine!!!

This is my first time growing veg so I'm afraid I'll be bugging everyone with loads of questions but I've already learned an incredible amount by reading the other posts.

I'm hoping to become an active member of the boards and share my knowledge (little as it is just now) wherever I can.

Cheers!!!

Scott

hiya and welcome

Comment

Where are you from?...
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I live in a really small conservation village in a district called Renfrewshire, which is about 15 miles due West of Glasgow. Absolutely beautiful part of the world :-)

Comment

Hiya welcome to the Vine
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Shhmanning View Post
            I live in a really small conservation village in a district called Renfrewshire, which is about 15 miles due West of Glasgow. Absolutely beautiful part of the world :-)
            I agree I spend a lot of time up in East Kilbride so I know what you mean.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Welcome . I've only been here a short time but have learnt so much already. Everyone is so helpful here.

Comment

Hi Shhmanning, and welcome!
                A good beginning is half the work.
                Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Hi Shhmanning

Hope you will enjoy it here I have relatives in Renfrewshire - it's certainly a lovely part of the world

Pleased to hear what you've started in garden soon you'll be branching out into more veggies!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages.

Well, the weekend turned out to be beautiful so I now have two nice new raised beds built in the garden.....woop!!!!

Had some runners, french beans and sweetcorn hardening off over the last few days and leaving them out overnight tonight to hopefully plant out tomorrow when I get home from work. Can't wait!!

Thanks again!!

Scott

Comment

Hello from Renfrewshire !
                      I live in Paisley but unlike you my garden is strictly limited to pots... unless I convert the front lawn into a veg patch...

hope your raised bed will be full of yummy veg soon...

Stephanie

Comment

Welcome to Stephanie and Scott. I started out with one bed.............now I have 15............it can be quite addictive, be warned!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Welcome to the vine - great place to come when you're not in the garden!
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X