Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie...

Hi,

I have recently dicovered this forum and I have read quite a few threads before I joined... so I guess it is time to briefly introduce myself.
    So I am Stephanie and have been living in Scotland for nearly 10 years. I only started gardening 5 years ago as a way to occupy my time when I was on maternity leave. I was more trying to keep my shop bought plants alive !
    the year after I tried to grow flower from seeds and I was hooked...
    this year I have decided to try vegetables... we'll see how this go : some seedlings so far but I wonder if they'll survive the fantastic Scottish weather in pots...

anyway, I'm off to see what interesting advice I can find on the forum !

Stephanie

Welcome to the Grapevine Stephanie. I'm in Scotland too - it's possible to grow loads of stuff here as long as you're not fixated on the outcome! You'll get plenty of help from the mature Grapes on this forum, and all at the speed of light.

Comment

it's good to know gardners in Scotland can succeed... let's say not all people I spoke to around me have been supportive ! some even told I'd have more chance if I tried growing rice ! thanks to all the water we get in the garden ! ;-)

Comment

hi welcome this is a great site hope you enjoy it as much as i do spend hours on it

Comment

tweety....get you order in for your greenhouse now....so hubby can erect it for your Christmas pressie..

you must grow neeps.....cos I love the name.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Hi and Welcome .

Comment

Hi tweety and welcome to the vine. My site is quite cold and exposed but I'm amazed at just how hardy veg can be. If you can, take NOG's advice about the greenhouse. It'll give you a head start when the weather is cold and miserable.

Happy growing.
              A good beginning is half the work.
              Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X